What Is Digital Signage and How Can It Help Your Business?
Small and large companies alike are adopting interactive and large-scale digital signage as the appeal of dynamic digital information grows. These eye-catching digital signs are a great way to interact with your customers while providing them valuable information. But what is digital signage, and how can you select the best option for your company?
What is Digital Signage?
Digital signage (a subcategory of electronic signage) refers to a digital sign such as LED displays, projectors, and LCD monitors that clearly showcase webpages, videos, instructions, restaurant menus, marketing messages, and digital photographs. However, this form of electronic signage encompasses far more than simply the hardware. The responsibilities, functions, and technological capabilities of today's digital signage must all be considered when choosing your display.
Benefits of Digital Signage Systems
The advantages of a digital signage system are numerous and diverse. You can obtain various benefits depending on how you utilize the space:
- Reduced Perceived Wait Time: Placing signs in customer or client waiting areas provides entertainment, which helps to reduce perceived wait times.
- Improved Customer and Employee Communication: People absorb and retain information presented via images better than information conveyed through words. When essential information is delivered via digital signage technology, customers and employees are more likely to remember it.
- Increased Income: Digital signage may help a business boost revenue by sharing discounts and specials, showcasing products and services, and using additional signage space to advertise for non-competing firms.
- Easy Content Management: For companies that regularly alter their service offerings or menu items, digital signage offers a cost-effective option to quickly update information.
- Sleek and Modern Appearance: When you use digital signage boards in your business, you show consumers that you care about staying current with technology and offering the finest tools to assist them.
Consider your goals (increase sales, improve customer happiness, etc.) before choosing which type of digital signage display can help you achieve them.
Types of Digital Signage Displays
Understanding digital signage allows you to improve customer service, showcase promotions, and increase brand awareness. You can use digital signage boards to display public information, communicate internally, or provide product information. It's a practical approach to influence client behavior and decision-making while also improving customer experiences with interactive screens. They are commonly found in the following places:
- Public and transportation areas
- Corporate Facilities
The applicability and versatility of digital signage is endless, with wayfinding, exhibits, marketing, and outdoor advertising being some of the most common services provided.
Bringing Digital Signage Solutions to Your Business
In order to take advantage of this tool, it’s important to understand it fully. Digital signage is comprised of three primary components:
Digital signage is more than just a screen that shows pre-programmed material at specific times. Industries, producers, and service providers have the option to choose from a wide range of hardware alternatives to achieve their objectives. Even non-technical teams may adopt current technology with little effort and experience thanks to cutting-edge software solutions. You can find digital signage displays in various forms, from large multi-touch screen systems to small, inexpensive smart displays.
Digital signage software is typically divided into four key components:
- Software installed on a media player (or within a display)
- Content management/distribution software
- Device management software
- Content development software
What is digital signage’s most important component? You guessed it: the content. Subscription-based content that delivers continually updated material is typically considered the most critical aspect of digital signage. The majority of digital signage software firms refer to themselves as a Content Management System (CMS). The capacity to upload and organize material, organize the content into a playback technique (think playlists), establish rules and constraints surrounding playback, and disseminate the content to a media player or groups of media players is generally provided by CMS businesses.
Streamlined, brand-focused content allows consumers to recognize your brand and create a pleasant space to purchase goods or dine. Throughout the various sources of digital signage content, music is one of the most under-utilized advantages for creating brand recognition. Music plays a vital role in the media signage arena by establishing a positive mood in every shop, gym, spa, or restaurant.
How Cloud Cover Music Can Improve Your Business
When was the last time you entered a business that wasn’t playing music? Music is an integral part of the consumer experience, whether it’s playing from a loudspeaker or via a digital sign. At Cloud Cover Music, we offer this crucial part of the digital signage solution. While you're using a centralized piece of software to handle your music, you can also use it to collect statistics on the impact of music in your businesses.
To keep your consumers comfortable, connect your sales data to which playlists were played and use the information to construct even more sophisticated playlists for the future. We have a one-of-a-kind strategy and business model focused solely on cloud-based infrastructure for digital signage networks. Contact us today to see how our solutions can grow your business.