Music Matters to Wireless Retailers
Research shows the right background music and audio messaging helps retailers sell more.
Here are some key statistics:
- 90% of customers are more likely to recommend a store that plays music.
- 75% of shoppers feel more relaxed in a retail store that plays music.
- 81% of consumers say that business background music lifts their mood.
- 40% of shoppers make unplanned purchases at checkout due to audio messaging.
- 9.1% increase in sales by playing music that matches customer tastes.
- 71% of consumers say retail stores that play music have a better atmosphere overall.
- 22% employee productivity increase when tempo speeds up.
- One out of two shoppers has left a store due to annoying background music.
- 77% of businesses agree that their staff is more productive when music is playing.
- 60% of customers spend more time shopping in stores that play music they like.