Location: El Segundo, CA - Remote a couple of days a week available after initial training/spin up for a couple of months
Job type: Full Time, Contract or Contract to Hire; healthcare benefits available with Full Time.
Date: May 20th 2019
This Senior Development position is a key member of the core Engineering Team at Cloud Cover Music. This person will be able to navigate technologies mainly for the API/messaging and back end components, with some minimal amount of front-end/UI. Good chemistry and sound teamwork along with the ability to produce solid, commercial grade software is critical. With thousands of customers, it’s vital to work fast, but solidly, while building the platform with scalability and new capabilities rapidly.
Who we are:
Cloud Cover Music is a rapidly growing B2B background audio (music!) solutions provider. We compete in an exciting, fast-paced industry that is fun and rewarding. The team is comprised of fun, bright, challenge-loving, diverse people. In our non-hierarchical environment, everyone is a key team member and personal learning and customer satisfaction are paramount!
- Work closely with the CTO and the core Development team to refine specs, technically design, implement and test new product features or updated architectures
- Maintain and enhance the scalability and security that Enterprise-level customers demand
- Have a detailed understanding of the goals and constraints to form solutions
- Assist in identifying, designing, documenting (lightly but sufficiently, including prototypes) new products and updates - great solutions come from many refinements from within the team
- Monitor key system metrics related to the infrastructure - respond when metrics indicate abnormal activity
- Communicate ongoing daily (standups and iteration reviews) with Product Development to rapidly release product updates
- Provide clear, effective communications with Support and other internal staff on Support escalations and product updates
- Source, evaluate and appropriately introduce new tools, processes and capabilities into the company, be it internal (team or cross functional) or external for Customers
- 5+ years experience with API-Messaging-back end Development of a commercially available SaaS based product/service. The technical interviews will include testing you on the following areas and your depth of experience:
- API - both modifying/working with existing APIs as well as designing and creating new APIs - experience with Node, Lambda, API gateway and other IoT technologies in AWS environment is a bonus
- DB - relational SQL skills & database fundamentals - RDS in AWS experience is a bonus. NoSQL and caching experience is a bonus.
- 5+ years experience in an Agile/Kanban environment
- 2+ years experience with AWS including a solid understanding of and experience with VPC’s, WAFS. Experience with EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, and API Gateway and SQS is helpful.
- 2+ years launching commercial SaaS products and updates (Devops experience)
- Music Lover! (Bonus to have a background in the music industry, including familiarity with licensing)
- Test oriented - be of the mindset that developers own and are responsible for quality, not a separate test department!
- Interest and familiarity with music apps, speaker setups (Sonos, Bose, Chromecast, Airplay, Bluetooth etc.)
- Presentation and communication skills to be able to drive specific requirements, resolve issues and present work done in Iteration Reviews
- Occasionally work directly with customers to elicit requirements and suggest solutions along with the CTO or Support team
Please email PDF resumes or questions to Stuart Larking (CTO) firstname.lastname@example.org
No Recruiters Please!